Objectives of this Role:
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative.
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems.
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights.
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running.
- Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities::
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science.
- Proven work experience in IT.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching.
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing
(specifically Microsoft Azure).
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems.
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication.